Tuesday 24 September 2013

Days 153 to 161 - Waiting to heal

Not much to report here. I've been waiting for three weeks for this injury to clear and it is taking its time. It no longer hurts to step on it, but if I push at the painful area I can still feel a little soreness. I think I'm going to need at least another week before I try it out.

So it seems that an autumn half marathon is off the table. Instead I'll begin to focus on some 10k specific training for the league races in the New Year. A few weeks of warm weather training in Perth at Christmas should be just the ticket.

I did also just come across this interesting post from Nick Campitelli . It's mainly about the rise and fall (or rise) or minimalist shoes, but in the comments he cites a study demonstrating that 'as cushioning is lost, foot control improves.' It's very difficult to read a paper in a discipline with which you're not familiar and make much sense of it, so I'm just going on his summary sentence, but it maybe agrees with my previous post?

No comments:

Post a Comment