Tuesday 4 June 2013

Day 49 - Shortish trail run

I was up early this morning. A beautiful cloudless sky, cool air, and a low sun. I was at the 3 mile mark in my schedule, and I couldnt resist any longer having go on a trail. You can't live where we live on a day like today and go running on the roads.

I found the trail reasonably runnable in my Vapor Gloves. But I moved slowly. I'm still tryng to get that cadence ingrained in my system which meant that when I was dodging stones or skipping around roots I didn't pause in my rhythm. Must have made me look a bit silly at times but I didn't want to slip into a different pattern.

I found that I was dodging around a lot more than I might usually do, zigging and zagging from side to side, running up the banks of the path. It was difficult to press on forward, and I think will need to consider invest in something more appropriate to that surface if it's where I want to run. I know Merrell do the Trail Glove - that was their first barefoot shoes - and there are quite a few others out there. At what point do I decide I've earned a new pair of shoes? Perhaps not quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment