Wednesday 24 July 2013

Day 100 - How many barefoot steps have I taken in 100 days?

100 days of barefoot running. This is quite a milestone. I should probably reflect on lessons learned, plans for the months ahead, etc. But I prefer a few stats, so instead I added up how many miles I've now done barefoot.

95.2 miles in 100 days.

That's not really many miles in 100 days. Based on my regular weekly mileage before the change  I would normally expect to have covered over 400 in that time. But it is 95.2 miles of learning. 95.2 miles of habit breaking and habit building.

They say it takes somethingty number of repetitions to form a habit. If I do a bit of number crunching I can work out roughly how many steps I've actually taken in that time.

90 steps on each leg per minute.
Apx average of 7:45mins per mile.
95.2 miles.

That's 66,402 steps per leg. Sounds a lot, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment