Saturday 16 March 2013

Where to look for advice?


So I'm starting to look for advice about this barefoot running business. By doing a bit googling I've found various websites and blogs dedicated to barefoot running and have been browsing through them.

At this stage, the main things I'm looking for are:
A method/plan for making the transition
Advice on footwear

Footwear
I've been reading reviews of minimalist shoes, and they often make comments like  'good for experienced barefoot runners' or 'ideal as a transition shoe'. The former are usually harder, with less cushioning, the latter with a bit of a softer, thicker sole. Mainly zero drop, but occasionally with a slight heel to toe drop, presumably to ease the transition.  My concern with getting transition shoes is that I'd be making it too easy for me to maintain my current style, whereas a really unforgiving pair would be more like running in bare feet and force a change. Need to look for some advice.

3 comments:

  1. any questions just ask me..i like to think i have quite a bit of knowledge on the topic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karl - I'll definitely drop you a line before long. I'm interested in any thoughts/advice/tips/anecdotal evidence going!

      Delete
    2. sure. Ive been wearing barefoot shoes and running in them for a year and a half and have a rather large collection

      Delete