Thursday 8 August 2013

Day 114 - Just another rest day

Another day to rest and take stock of my barefoot adventures. Our men's captain posted the latest league positions on facebook today, and I saw a list of the races I've missed. It's a growing collection. I've probably reached a stage now where I could run them, and quite possibly score a few points for the team, but there are now only two left. And I'm away for one of them.

That leaves the John Fraser 10, a hilly out-and-back 10 miler that I struggled through on my comeback next year. Is 10 miles too far in these shoes? Can I get to 10 mile standard in 3 weeks? Honestly, I'm not sure. I like the idea of doing a proper race, but I also remember this one was quite tough last year, and I'm in no better shape. And I'm a bit worried about upping the mileage too far. On the other hand, you don't know until you try do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment