Wednesday 21 August 2013

Day 128 - New shoes! New Balance Minimus MR00

I gave in. I went back to The Running Fox in Loughborough and picked up those New Balance shoes.  NB Minimus MR00 to be precise, in a beautiful fluorescent yellow. My feet feel pretty sore today after last night's efforts and I think that with my increasing mileage this might not be a bad idea. They're zero drop, and the cushioning is still pretty minimal. But compared to the Merrells they are like pillows strapped to your feet.
 

I was slightly surprised to find that the 10.5s were a really good fit. I usually wear a 9.5, and my Merrells are probably a little bit on the big side at that size. But these feel good at 10.5. I certainly wouldn't want them any smaller if I'm going to keep my feet over the sole.
 
You can see that the sole looks quite a lot thicker here, which is the main place I'll be landing. My only concern is that with the extra cushioning I'll find it easier to move back onto my heels. I won't get an opportunity to try these until the weekend, so I'll let you know then how I get on.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment