Thursday 23 May 2013

Day 35 - Skipped the race

I feel quite virtuous today. The draw of the West End 8 was a strong one. There were points on offer, a league position to be defended. And I really wanted to do a long run. I'm itching. My limbs feel permanently tight, desperate to be stretched, exerted. Like a dog bothering you for a walk.

But I eventually decided that my barefoot running experiment was more important. I also hadn't factored in the rather important detail the league points are based on your 4 best races out of 5. Having run so little in the last month I was unlikely to stick with my usual running buddies so I was unlikely to get a better points return from this than any of the previous races. In that case there was little to be gained and much good work to risk undoing.

So I went to church instead, and then drove down to the picturesque Devon town of Salcombe with Rhiannon for a couple of days with her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment