Thursday 23 May 2013

Day 37 - Less achey everytime

I'm discovering two things:

1) My legs begin to complain on every barefoot run I do, after about 1 mile. I'm hoping this threshold will gradually increase.
2) On rest days, my calves feel less achey every time, as they get used to the exercise.

I'm also starting to eye up other shoes. Once I've got this technique into my system, and I'm looking at doing slightly longer, mid-range runs, I think I'll need a different pair of shoes to allow me to use the many trails that start close to our house. I'm also thinking about some shoes that will give me a bit of cushioning and allow me to compete in the summer league races.

If I got both of those I'd have three pairs of shoes. That's a lot of shoes for someone who claims to run barefoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment